Saturday 9 June 2007

One less cat


My darling Boots is gone. We decided to let him go. I thought it would be best to watch while the vet put him to sleep. But at least I know he's playing side by side with Jaffa, and Minky riding on his back, with all the Gerbils and Rats following him. He can eat all the steak, mince, and chicken that he wants to. And he's waiting for me - in 90 years time we will be reunited, but I'll be young again, and we'll hug and I'll say how I missed him, and all that. Now I need a tissue. I'd like to get a kitten, but I think it's best that we leave it for a while.

The way he looked at me in the waiting room. The way he reached out his paw, and was comforted when I held it tight. I love him. Loved. Have loved. Did love. Still love.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I rad your Mum's blog and she it was o.k to visit.

R when I was 14 I had a puppy, we grew up together. Her name was Meg when I was 26 and Meg was 12 she became ill, I remember taking to her to vets and and stroked her fur while the vet gave her the injection. Meg will always have a place in my heart.

I'm so sorry R, it hurts but you will always have your wonderful memories of Boots.

Amanda (Zoe, Mike, Jake & Max)

Sue said...

Hi! I have been reading your Mum's blog for a few weeks.

I felt very sorry for Boots and I was upset when I found out that you had no option but to visit the vets. It was very kind of you to go with her and it must have helped her feel calm and loved.

Sue

Unknown said...

Rick, sorry to hear about Boots. I know what its like to lose a well loved pet. Thinking of you.

Mandy Charlton, Photographer, Writer, Blogger said...

Saw your mums post and thought I would pop accross, I'm really really sorry about Boots, it's awful when a pet isn't there anymore but atleast you have had lots and lots of happy times together.

I do hope you won't mind if I add your blog to my RSS feed, It will be nice to hear things from your point of view as well as reading your mums.

Bobs said...

Oh Richard, I'm so sorry to hear about Boots. It's always so difficult to let go of someone you love so dearly, but you defintely did the right thing. I think it was very brave and loving of you to go to the vet with him to let him know how much you loved him.

Bobs

dawniy. said...

so sorry Rick , your post is so heartfelt, sending you lots of sympathy, I know your mum is very proud of you and i'm sure Boots is too. Awful letting them go isn't it , you did the best and very bravest of things.
love to you all.