Tuesday 31 July 2007

Tappi

Is the name of our new kitten.
Me and dad first secretly planned to get Mum a kitten 2 days before her birthday. After looking in corner shop windows for a "free kitten to good home" notice (and having no luck), Dad rang up the place where we had got two of the cats that we own. So, after waiting 6 days for the kitten that we chose to have her immunisations and get chipped, we have finally brought her home.
On the journey back from the Woodland Animal Sanctuary she ripped my thumb from inside the cage with her sharp little claws. She didn't mean to hurt me, she was just desperate to get out.
She is a beautiful tabby, I just love her huge ears, and she has a rather pathetic meow - it's more of a sqeaky hiss.






She's crying at me all the time. I think she's found her new master. Mum has Buffy, so we secretly decided that Tappi could be sort of mine. Awww. A second ago she tried to scrabble up onto the chair I'm sitting on too.

So anyway, we've made a bed out of a Walkers crisp box, and because I love her so much I've donated a sheepskin rug for her, and she can have my teddies Hester and Fudge to keep her toasty warm in the night. OK, I'm going to bed now. See you tomorrow, Tappi.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

how wonderful! such a beautiful little kitty x

Sue said...

Hope you don't mind I came to your blog from your Mum's.

Oh Tappi is wonderful and what a smashing surprise for your Mum.

I love presents on my birthday but surprises are so much more fun.

And Walkers crisps are my favourite, especially the Cheese and Onion ones although I am partial to Pringles too :)

You are so generous to let her have your teddies. I am sure they will also keep her company in the night if she wakes.

Unknown said...

Lovely, what a gorgeous looking kitten.

Olivia said...

Ahhhh!!! She's so cute!
I really want lots more pets but my mum says we're out too much and it wouldn't be fair.
I've got Maisy though and I love her to bits!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick I've popped over from your Mum's blog. Tappi is gorgeous!!!

Lima said...

Beautiful Kitten Rick. She reminds me of my big boy cat Oscar when he was a kitten. Love the huge ears!!

Hope you are enjoying the Hogwarts set, have you managed to finish it yet?